Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu recently published an issue featuring 10 pages on Xenoblade Chronicles X. The magazine, according to translators, showed many new details on the upcoming RPG for Wii U, including the ability to customize the player character. Players can choose skin color, hairstyle, eye color, and more. Players can also choose the voice for the player avatar from many different voice actors that will be announced later.
The newest Xenoblade also does away with Healers, using a new system called ‘Soul Voice’ that will heal the party. There is also several ‘unions’ that the player character can join. Xenoblade Chronicles X is 5 times larger than the previous Xenoblade Chronicles, which apparently lead Monolith Soft to debate putting the game on two discs.
Here’s a list of some of the known details from Famitsu:
- There are 8 unions your player avatar can join. You can join any within the game and can change union for whichever suits you best. They’re roughly translated as: Path Finder, Corepedian, Companion, Interceptor, Land Bank, Avalanche, Arms, Testament.
- The ability to have a 4-player party with AI controlling other three.
- New characters include Nagi and Guin.
- Player Characters have many different options to customize hair, skin color, gender, and more
- The Wii U GamePad will display the map, as well as show character and quest locations.
- Passive online functionality
- Battles are faster-paced
- Introduces a new healing system called Soul Voice, no healers needed.
- 90 different songs in-game.